Bachelor of Science in Optometry (B.Optom)
Under the University of Chittagong, Bachelor of Science in Optometry Course has been running since 2010. Already 51 students from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th batches have completed their course and came out successful. Report on the number of students enrolled in nine consecutive batches is as follows:
- Session 2009-2010 (1st Batch) – 12 Students
- Session 2010-2011 (2nd Batch) – 15 Students
- Session 2011-2012 (3rd Batch) – 15 Student
- Session 2012-2013 (4th Batch) – 18 Students
- Session 2013-2014 (5th Batch) – 13 Students
- Session 2014-2015 (6th Batch) – 12 Students
- Session 2015-2016 (7th Batch) – 21 Students
- Session 2016-2017 (8th Batch) – 25 Students
Now, Institute is conducting Bachelor of Science in Optometry Course under Chittagong Medical University from the 9th Batch in the year 2017.
9. Session 2017-2018 (9th Batch) – 14 Students
10. Session 2018-201 (10th Batch) – 29 Students
To develop competent , compassionate and community oriented optometrist who is capable of
- Providing eye and vision care
- Identify ocular and related systemic illness
- Refer the ocular emergencies and surgical cases
- Buildup career on research/ study on clinical and community optometry
Optometry is an eye care profession which is dedicated to the improvement and preservation of eye sight. It covers the assessment of vision and incredibly diverse range of activities.
Optometrists are primary eye care providers and possess and excellent understanding of the visual system, the problems that can occur and how to manage these problems. As such, the modern practice of optometry encompasses the assessment of the human eye and visual system, as well as the management of patients with conditions of the eye and visual system.